abandoned repair vehicles
" A vehicle is deemed to be abandoned if it is left at a motor vehicle repair facility without an attempt by the owner, a person on the owner's behalf or any other person having legal right thereto to regain possession thereof:
- For a period in excess of 60 days without the consent of an authorized representative of the motor vehicle repair facility;
- For a period of 60 days in excess of the period for which consent has been given by an authorized representative of the motor vehicle repair facility; if
- For a period in excess of 60 days after being notified by an authorized representative of the motor vehicle repair facility that service or repairs to the motor vehicle have been completed." (N.J.S.A. 39:10A-8)
Any Abandoned Motor Vehicle (i.e., Automobiles, Trucks, Motorcycles)
If you are a mechanic or auto body shop and have done any of the following:
- Physically diagnosed repairs on a motor vehicle and/or written an estimate
- Repairs were made but the owner has not paid and left the vehicle abandoned
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU:
- We will perform all title searches and submit all notices to any owners and any lien holders associated with the vehicle.
- If they fail to come and pay you, we continue to prepare all documents and notices, giving you legal right to auction/dispose the vehicle.
- Arrange for any inspection the state may require. (pertains mostly for luxury vehicles)
Should an owner or lien holder come to claim the vehicle, we add the deposit you made at the start of service to the invoice for the vehicle.
*Please note for this category, once approval by the State has been received to auction/sell the motor vehicle, title will only be given to an end purchaser. The repair facility and any owner(s) of the facility, cannot take title to the vehicle, unless the business holds an auto sales license.
*Sales tax is paid by the end buyer*
**We offer multi-vehicle discounts. To receive this discount, all vehicles are required to be ordered at the same time**